• You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining our free internet marketing community you will have access to post in our directory, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and completely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should I go for PPC? or SEO?

Ali Khan

Mar 1, 2012
Hi
I am working on starting up a new company for providing software development services for iPhone and Android apps. My goal is to get at least 10 projects in a month to reach break even in 3/4 months. Each project will typically have a price of $3K. The problem is that I have a very limited marketing budget and (as per my research) keywords relevant to this business have very high CPC and competition. For example: create iphone app, iphone app development, create android app, hire iphone app developer, hire ipad app developer etc.

My marketing budget is maximum $800 per month (total $2400 to be spent in 3 months). I am looking for an expert advice on should I go for PPC (will I get 10 projects a month? - or assuming pessimistic 5% conversion rate, 200 leads in month?) OR I should go slow and steady by opting for SEO (which will definitely cost less but will take longer time).

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

usainternetmarketing

Active Contributor
Dec 31, 1969
Ashburn, Virginea, USA
@Login or Register to View This link; , My suggestion is to run SEO campaign primarily along with social media campaign, in this way your major keywords would be at higher placement on search engines. When these keywords gets higher ranking on search engines then you can go for PPC, because then bid price would be low at that time for your selected keywords.

Dec 3, 2011
Ahmedabad
It depends upon how much time you have. If you think you can stand back till next 6 months without much leads then go for SEO techniques, otherwise you should start Ad Campaigns like Banner Ads, Link Ads, PPC etc. It will give you regular visitors and also focus on social networking which will help you to build your reputation.

To be honest, with a small budget like that and a high ticket item I would go for press first. Go to PRweb and get the most expensive package they have, I think it is about $350. You can create a press release all about your company with links to your site, pictures, videos, and tons more. These press releases get sent to over 200,000 online sites, media outlets, journalists, news blogs, and other press release sites that in turn release your ad again. If you need help getting a press release together I will be happy to help you for free, I just won't do the whole thing for you. This not only gets your company name and product out there but can create 1000s of backlinks to your site.

I hope you take this advice, it is great for start ups. I launched my new site 2 months ago and through my SEO, press release and free advertising here is my Alexa ranking.

Global Alexa Traffic Rank: 1,504,199 Traffic Rank in US: 123,800

I hope this helps.

Chuck

kroy

Mar 20, 2012
www.theseomarketing.com
Both because virtually its impossible for you to achieve top rankings for all the keywords by SEO. the keywords that your finding hard to improve rankings in google by SEO, you can do adwords placement for those. Best thing about adwords is that you can quickly realize the importance and ROI for a keywords rather than working on the keywords for months and then find out it wasn't a good one to use.

lillianabe

Aug 7, 2011
It is up to you which procedure you want implement on your site or business for promoting in internet market. If you have a good budget to promote your business then go for PPC. PPC gives immediate results with less effort. SEO is a free service for promoting your business in internet market with some more efforts for getting placed in search engine. SEO include so many activities to promote your business. SEO technique gives you slow results with long period in search engine.

Last edited:

dmurphy

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
I'd say a combination. You could use PPC as a "feeler" to see what keywords get the most attention to your advertisement, then see if you can rank for that same term using SEO related methods. That may be better than spending a long time on SEO only to find that the keyword you may think you could get more traffic with won't be very effective.

May 18, 2012
When it comes to improve traffic to your website, you have two crucial choices: pay-per-click (PPC) advertising or search engine optimization (SEO).Both SEO and PPC are considered as the best part of search engine process that are in use for distracting more amount of targeted traffic for websites. Both have entirely different strategies.To know more visit : Login or Register to View This link;

Login or Register to View This link;

I would suggest you to go simultaneously with SEO & PPC campaign. SEO results in traffic and site ranking whereas PPC lead to the result in delivering leads to the company.

Robert Hayes

Sep 15, 2012
Multiple Approaches

I would launch numerous projects at once. Of course nothing can really replace long term organic link building, however short term press releases will yield great results.

Oct 6, 2012
Go and create your Facebook fanpage and create ads to get some fans.You will hardly need $200 to get 10,000+ Fans.And then you can Market them.

Marc11

Oct 12, 2012
www.pureppc.com
The best approach is to use a combination of each. They can work together to provide great results for your site. How many visitors to the site do you have right now?

You will certainly get quicker results with PPC, which sounds like what your looking for.

jeroenwaning

Oct 17, 2012
acworth, ga
www.jeroenwaning.com
I would do a combination of both. Like you say, SEO will cost less (heck it can be completely free), but it will take more work. Since you have a nice marketing budget to work with, I would run the PPC campaigns and see how they pay off. While you are doing this, just do a few little SEO things here and there. I mean, don't spend hours and hours working at SEO. SEO is also a big gamble like PPC. At least with PPC, you're pretty much guaranteed to get traffic. However, with PPC the gamble is whether you'll make a profit. I would use your budget for PPC and spend maybe an hour or two per week doing SEO (articles, forum posts, guest blogging, web2.0, YouTube videos, social media marketing, etc). I mean with SEO lately, it seems to just be too much of a gamble. You can start getting a decent amount of traffic and have it be completely wiped away one day.

jeroenwaning

Oct 17, 2012
acworth, ga
www.jeroenwaning.com
Login or Register to View This link;
Go and create your Facebook fanpage and create ads to get some fans.You will hardly need $200 to get 10,000+ Fans.And then you can Market them.
I found personally found Facebook PPC to be very ineffective, but I didn't try it out for too long. My ads never converted.

I would use Fiverr to get Facebook fans.

Host Design

Oct 18, 2012
I think SEO is the best option for you, especially you will get more benefit for long term. If you wish, you can use Login or Register to View This link; to get the best performance.

jemad

Nov 1, 2012
Leicester
www.fdcstudio.co.uk
I think it is important to do both - PPC is great to get yourself in the highest ranked positions on Google and other search engines - however the problem is that you want to be seen by everyone. SEO is a gradual process, and granted it does take time however in the long term it will help position yourself and if conducted effectively it will eventually sustain itself so that you get organic traffic to your site. Hope this has helped :)

Hi, the best thing is to go for SEO according to your budget to get long term results and use ppc for immediate results, don't consider only adwords for ppc as you have more options like yahoo/bing, and others, don't expect to many conversions from the ppc in the beginning as the campaigns always have to be optimized and only then you'll have a good ctr and conversion rate, it can take a few months, so if you do it right in 4-6 months your ppc and seo campaigns will be bringing good business.