best email marketing service

Discussion in 'Email Marketing - List Building' started by Gadsubone, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Gadsubone

Gadsubone Thread Starter Member

What is the best email marketing service for nonprofits?

2. Alice_Jameson

Alice_Jameson Junior Member

I think that the best is GetResponse.

3. chole.kyt

chole.kyt New Member

Benchmark Email & VerticalResponse

4. Joe

Joe Respected Contributor

I think you'll find a wide variety of responses here. Each of us most likely have our own favorites.

I personally use Aweber, and am testing Zaxxa Beats (don't have enough use yet to form an opinion). I also use Vendor Lock (a hosting service that gives you an autoresponder with your account). My testing shows that the Vendor Lock AR works, but I haven't quite figured out how to set it up properly, and the provided instructions aren't very detailed.

Both Get Response & Aweber have high open rate statistics which is always a plus when you're email marketing.

I tried Listwire (a free AR) for a while, but wasn't real satisfied with it. As I remember that service stuck ads of its own into my messages. That wasn't too pleasing.

5. chris-

chris- Senior Member

You need to research different features, then choose the list-management solution that is the best fit for your needs.

I'd also recommend considering buying good leads, which can be relatively cheap for many non-profit subjects, and can be very effective if done right. A tip on that . . . while it's best to do things like offering free ebooks, to encourage opt-ins on a website, for leads, it can be best to do the opposite . . . to qualify as much as possible. The difference is that with leads you have a fixed cost per lead, compared to your web-page opt-in which doesn't. So for leads, it's better if you over-qualify, so you only get people who are really interested in your service, compared to a web-page opt-in where it's best to try to capture as many opt-ins as possible, because there's little down-side to doing so (only a possible increase in cost of -list-management).

Chris

6. Gordon Ho

Gordon Ho New Member

Using Gmail to send a message to your nonprofit’s entire email list is not. If this has been your approach to your nonprofit’s email marketing to date, this post is for you. You need an email service provider (ESP).

7. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis Active Member