benefit from pay-per-click marketing?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Marketing' started by Gadsubone, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gadsubone

Gadsubone Thread Starter Member

Can a company without an e-commerce website benefit from pay-per-click marketing?

2. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis Active Member

Some of the benefits of PPC (Pay per Click) are:

• Speed-to-market
    • Highly-targeted website traffic
    • Transparency
    • Control
    • Free Exposure
    • Fast Results
    • No dependencies on SEO
    • Reach the right audience
    • Budget Friendly
    • Rich functionality and reporting

3. Joe

Joe Respected Contributor

As a pay-per-click marketer you can sell affiliate products, and not have your own website.

All you need is an account for receiving funds such as PayPal.

Your advertising would need to conform with the affiliate accounts guidelines.

And you would certainly want to use link cloaking. Many of the social media sites, Google, etc. block affiliate links, and their software is sophisticated enough to recognize affiliate links - even some cloaked ones.

4. Chris Cote

Chris Cote Junior Member

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the post. Do you find this is still something that can be done? I attempted to use this process a few years ago and got stuck in an awful situation with Google. When I worked with them I learned that they were cracking down on these types of industries. Just curious how you were able to overcome this.

5. Joe

Joe Respected Contributor

Hi Chris,

I admit it isn't easy these days. You can use an affiliate link, say a url .com, by placing a space in front of the .com like I did inside those commas. Then you need to explain what you did to your readers, and tell them to copy & paste the url into their browser, then remove the space before they navigate the browser to the site.

It's much better these days if you have your own domain. You can get redirect scripts to forward on to your affiliate link that way.

I did just learn about a place where you can get a free domain. Don't know much about it, and I don't know that you can add your own scripts to the site you get. Anyone interested though can check it out at dot.tk. That's not an affiliate link itself. I don't have one for that site, and don't know if they even have an affiliate program.

Something to look at for budding marketers who aren't quite ready to get their own web properties yet.

6. chris-

chris- Senior Member

Many different types of businesses can benefit from PPC, not only Ecommerce, but many other types of commercial websites.

The main thing that will make the difference between success and failure, is understanding testing. Most people don't understand enough basic math concepts to test effectively, so just lose money and quit. For example, because of the clustered nature of real random events, until you've spent at least 4 times the potential profit, you do NOT KNOW if a specific test has worked, or not.

For example, I had one guy wanting to buy 5 leads from me, for a total of around $20, for an offer that would pay around $500. For a real test, with $2,000 of leads, he might have got 5 conversions right near the end of those leads, so if he'd have stopped anywhere before the end of a real test, he might assume that it was not profitable, when in fact it might be very profitable.

Even if the first test was not profitable, changing one word can sometimes double or halve the conversions, so if you change one word, you then need to do a complete test again. And so on.

Most people don't understand the basic concepts of testing for PPC (which apply to PPL, PPV and may other systems), so just lose money and quit.

Chris

7. sujatha

sujatha Junior Member